State Water Links
- Colorado Decision Support System– Provides credible information to base informed decisions concerning management of Colorado’s water resources.
- Colorado Dept. of Natural Resources– Colorado’s most comprehensive water information resource.
- Colorado Dept. of Public Health and Environment – Provides information on drinking water from private wells and links to Laboratory Services, Water Testing and more.
- Colorado Division of Water Resources – CDWR’s Home page provides useful well information links, including well permits search, application forms and types of well permits.
- Colorado Division of Water Resources Surface Water Conditions
- Colorado Ground Water Commission– Regulatory and adjudicatory body authorized to manage and control designated ground water resources.
- Colorado Rainwater Collection for Residential Wells – Provides guidelines on collecting rooftop precipitation on eligible properties with residential wells under Senate Bill 09-080
- Colorado State Board of Examiners of Water Well Construction and Pump Installation Contractors – Includes a list of licensed well contractors.
- Colorado Water Congress– Established in 1958, this nonpartisan organization serves as the principal voice of state’s water community and provides leadership on key water resource issues.
- Colorado Water Conservation Board– The Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) represents each major water basin, Denver and other state agencies in our joint effort to use water wisely and protect our water for future generations.
- Colorado’s Water Plan – With Colorado’s projected pace of growth, this plan explores how we preserve what we love about our state.
- Colorado Well Permit Guide – An informative document on well permits, water rights and water administration.
- Colorado Well Permit Search – The Division of Water Resources’ home page provides a link to search the well permit system.
- South Metro Water Supply Study– Executive Summary of the 2003 study conducted to investigate water supply alternatives for the South Metro area through 2050, including whether there are benefits to using surface supplies and ground water during wet years.
- State Climatologist– Hosted and maintained by the Colorado Climate Center, and part of the Department of Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University. Provides information and expertise on our complex climate.
- Well Registration –The State of Colorado requires you to register your household or domestic well. Find the forms needed and instructions for completing them at this link.
- State of Colorado External Water Links –Useful federal, state and local water resources links, as well as organization and industry links.
Water Rights Resources
- Water Court– Determines Colorado water rights, the use and administration of water, and all other water matters within the jurisdiction of the state’s water divisions.
- Water Colorado – A Colorado water brokerage firm that provides helps individuals understand the intricacies and legalities of buying and selling Colorado water rights and what owning those rights entails.
National Water Links
- American Water Works Association– Provides timelier, quality information to more water professionals than any other organization in the world. Recognized as an effective voice by the US Congress and others on issues dealing with water policy and public health.
- Association of State Dam Safety Officials– ASDSO is a non-profit organization of state and federal dam safety regulators, dam owners/operators, dam designers, manufacturers/suppliers, academia, contractors and others interested in dam safety.
- eXtension – Part of the Cooperative Extension System, the site’s Drinking Water and Human Health page offers informative articles on private drinking water topics.
- National Ground Water Association – The hallmark organization for the groundwater industry, NGWA has excellent information on groundwater and water wells for consumers.
- US Environmental Protection Agency – Groundwater and drinking water information, including standards and regulations.
- USGS Paper – Groundwater Availability of the Denver Basin Aquifer System, CO
- USGS Water Data for Colorado– The U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS) National Water Information System (NWIS) is a comprehensive and distributed application that supports the acquisition, processing, and long-term storage of water data.
- Water Education Colorado – The leading organization for informing and engaging Coloradans on water issues. Check out the link below to find nine well-written Citizen’s Guides to critical topics of our time. Guides can be purchased or read online free.
- Water Saver Home– Investigate your water saving opportunities in each area of your home. Also find information on water quality at this link: http://region8water.colostate.edu/drinking_water.shtml
- Water – Use it Wisely– 100 Plus ways to conserve water in the home.
- Colorado Medicine Take Back Program – Protect our environment and wildlife through secure disposal of medicines at designated locations throughout the state.
Douglas and Arapahoe County Municipal Water Providers
- Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority
- Castle Pines Metropolitan District
- Castle Pines North Metropolitan District
- Centennial Water & Sanitation District
- Chatfield Study
- Cottonwood Water and Sanitation District
- Denver Water
- East Cherry Creek Valley Water & Sanitation District
- Highlands Ranch Metropolitan District
- Inverness Water & Sanitation District
- Parker Water & Sanitation District
- Pinery Water & Wastewater District
- Rangeview Metropolitan District
- Roxborough Water and Sanitation District
- Stonegate Village Metropolitan District
- Town of Castle Rock